Thursday 5 January 2012

HTC Wildfire video conversion

Converting video for the HTC Wildfire has proven a little tricky becuase its video player is very particular as to what it will play, and no one seems to know the answer.

I started with encoding using 3gp which worked well enough, though the quality was poor in comparrison to what I wanted.

After some searching around I found this site gave me my initial starting point, so a hat tip to you: stolenkid wordpress.

 ffmpeg.exe -i %1 -s 320x240 -vcodec mpeg4 -r 13 %1.wildfire.mp4  

That when placed in a dos batch file will provide something you can drop files onto or use from the command line. Useful.

There are a number of ffmpeg strings out there with various modifiers for the audio encoding (16khz audio @ 32kbit) etc. I found by experimentation that none of these matter and the video player would happily handle full quality audio (greatly appreciated).

It is however very sensitive to the size of video you provide, so the encoding has to account for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment